Dentures can restore your smile's function and appearance, but how do you know which kind of denture is best for you? At Five Parks Dental, our Arvada dentist offers complete and partial dentures at our family dental office.
When we think of dentures, we almost always instantly think of a full set of false teeth or complete dentures. However, countless patients of all ages may need partial dentures to restore some of their missing teeth. Partial dentures are perfect for those with remaining natural teeth but need to fill in the empty spaces of your smile.
The Pros and Cons of Partial Dentures
A partial denture consists of replacement teeth attached to a gum-colored plastic base and metal framework. Also called a bridge, a removable partial denture is for patients with one or more natural teeth in the lower or upper jaw.
There are many pros and possible cons to partial dentures:
- Partial dentures are removable and easy to clean.
- They're less invasive than other tooth replacement options.
- Partial dentures are more affordable than other tooth replacement options.
- Partial dentures are comfortable and customized to fit your unique bite.
- Your dentist designs your partial dentures to blend in with your smile and seamlessly complements your appearance.
- Partial dentures restore your ability to effectively and comfortably chew, bite, speak, smile, and laugh.
- Partial dentures fill in your smile and boost your confidence.
- It may take some time to break in your new partial denture.
- Removable partial dentures can collect plaque buildup around abutment teeth, increasing the risk of tooth decay and gum disease.
- Excessive pressure or movement of the partial denture can damage the gums or neighboring teeth.
- Denture wearers must remove their partials at night.
Attractive and Affordable Partial Dentures in Arvada, CO
Do you have missing teeth and long for a beautiful, healthy smile? Our Arvada dentist is here to help you! We offer partial dentures of the highest quality and other top-tier tooth replacement options. Dr. Jesse Jenkins and our team of dental professionals can help you determine which treatment is best for your specific needs and smile goals.
Don't hesitate to get in touch with us today to schedule your consultation with Dr. Jenkins!